Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Dear Dad,

It's funny how the most random, mundane things will make me think of you. When you were visiting last July you got a bunch of those yogurt drinks because you didn't have much of an appetite due to the chemo. All of the drinks had those peel-off foil tops underneath the plastic lids and they drove you absolutely crazy with how hard they were to remove. To this day I think of you every time I have to peel off a protective foil seal on any kind of bottle or container. It's got to be one of the dumbest things ever in the history of things that remind people of someone. And yet there it is; inescapable in its banality. I think these are the things that make losing you the hardest; the tiny moments that I never see coming that suddenly flatten me like an invisible tidal wave. Sometimes I want them to stop. But mostly I hope they never do.

Missing you always,
C.

No comments: